After seeing that the Queen continues to be riding at the age of ninety-two, I assumed I’d write on her and her horses on and once I started researching I realized all styles of fascinating things that I desire I ought to share with everyone!
- Queen of England has been riding since she was four years previous, once her father King King of England gave her a Shetland pony named Peggy.
- Really if you’re thinking that concerning it the Royals are quite a horsey bunch. The queen dowager was a passionate National Hunt sports fan, blue blood Anne and her female offspring Zara Phillips each became prime event riders and therefore the Princes William and Harry each play polo.
- All the horses that you simply see within the royal parades are unbroken at the Royal Mews at the castle, “one of the best operating stables living.” The Queen names every horse that lives there.
- The Royal Mews is wherever they keep all the carriages, coaches and cars utilized by the Queen. it’s conjointly wherever the palace workers and their families live. but you may solely realize solely a pair of kinds of horse there, Windsor Greys and Cleveland Bays, the Windsor Greys draw the carriages for the Queen and therefore the house and are referred to as Windsor Greys as a result of in Victorian times they were unbroken at Windsor. The Cleveland Bays are wont to develop high commissioners and ambassadors visiting the Queen.
- The Queen is legendary for invariably riding while not a helmet. Not one thing I might ever suggest by the manner. Apparently the workers at Windsor Castle joke that “the sole factor that comes between the Queen and her heir is her Greek deity scarf”.
Open Next Page To See more.